Monday, September 3, 2012

More Drama from the Waverly Town Council


O Waverly, Waverly, wherefore art thou Waverly?

This is the first thing that came to my mind (OK not the first thing) when I got notice of a Special called Town Council Meeting Thursday Sept 6th at 6:00 AM (Yes AM) then the very next day a notice that the meeting was canceled. I was wondering what the leadership was up to, what was going on.
Through the grapevine I was informed that the meeting was to have the personnel/search committee bring forth the name of a new Police Chief so they could vote on the selection and offer the job. But as with any recent town  issue it doesn’t stop with just that….. Wonder why the meeting was cancelled?? Was it because there is dissention among the Council as to the selection? Was it because the Mayor influenced the cancellation because he was in opposition? I think there is more to this besides one day having a meeting and the next not. A truly transparent government would probably explain this, will ours?
Looking at the famous quote, NO not from the 2000 comedy movie starring George Clooney, but from Shakespeare I thought I’d have a bit of fun.

The original quote goes…

Juliet:
O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo?
Deny thy father and refuse thy name;
Or if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love
And I'll no longer be a Capulet.


Romeo:
[Aside] Shall I hear more, or shall I speak at this?

Juliet:
'Tis but thy name that is my enemy:


The re-write goes ….

Citizens of the Town: 
O Waverly Town Council, Waverly Town Council, what fore are you up to? 
Hear thy voice but refuse thy will;
If thou will not abide by thy sworn oath 
I can no longer be a supporter thereof.

Town Council with the Mayor in a supporting role:
I/we shall hear none of this, be on your way and leave the Towns business to us. 
Oh yes no clapping, no clapping we won’t have that.

Citizens of the Town:Tis this be your will, thoust be thy enemy.                                                        

1 comment:

  1. That was funny but do you think for one minute our mayor (if he reads this blog) would even understand the humour?? LOL
    Ronald A. Atkins
    Waverly, VA

    ReplyDelete